Why blog? I don't even have a facebook account...it feels like it makes life so public. But then--blogging is kind of like a diary, isn't it? It makes me feel a little like Doogie Houser at the end of the day--collecting my thoughts and putting them down. I don't want to blog because I want my life to be public (though I don't mind wearing my heart on my sleeve, most of the time) or because I'm a narcissist, but because these days of our young family are so precious I don't want to lose them to a faulty memory. This time, this stage, these moments truly are 'a time to keep', and blogging is simply the most convenient way to keep them and share them.

I really didn't think I'd ever start a blog...but now that Mac has stopped calling firetrucks "fire knuckles" (he now calls them firetrucks, and I'm so sad!), I realize I'll forget that he ever did that if I don't write it down. So, the blog begins. Welcome.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

I wan sum-ping!

"I wan sum-ping!"

Translation: "I want something!" (or, "Feed me!")

I know a day will come where I miss hearing these words. But for now, I'm SO TIRED of hearing this again and again....all.day.long.

I asked the Doctor is it was okay to feed Mac all the time. (He's hungry--or so he claims--ALL THE TIME.) He said it was fine. I felt reassured.

Raisins. Bananas. Apples. Goldfish. Peanut Butter (he goes through one jar of peanut butter a week. A normal sized jar. Really.). Milk? I am not exaggerating when I say that he would drink 3 gallons a week if we let him. He's at about a gallon and a half now. Yogurt. Mini-wheats (plain). Frozen peas (still frozen). He loves them all. Pleads for them all. It seems like all the time. In reality it's probably about every hour and a half that he asks for something to eat.

"I wan sum-ping!" (I want something.)
"I wan luns please!" (I want lunch please. He says that at all times of day.)
"I wan pea-nu-butter-banana!" (I want peanut butter and banana.)
"I wan gol-fis milk!" (I want goldfish and milk.)
"I wan wasins!"(I want raisins.)

On and on it goes.

(Despite my constant--CONSTANT--reminders to phrase the request: "Mama, may I have peanut butter and a banana please?" He never remembers this format, and only remembers to say please about half the time.)

What will it be like when he's a teenager!?!?!??!?! How will we afford to feed him then????


No comments:

Post a Comment