Why blog? I don't even have a facebook account...it feels like it makes life so public. But then--blogging is kind of like a diary, isn't it? It makes me feel a little like Doogie Houser at the end of the day--collecting my thoughts and putting them down. I don't want to blog because I want my life to be public (though I don't mind wearing my heart on my sleeve, most of the time) or because I'm a narcissist, but because these days of our young family are so precious I don't want to lose them to a faulty memory. This time, this stage, these moments truly are 'a time to keep', and blogging is simply the most convenient way to keep them and share them.

I really didn't think I'd ever start a blog...but now that Mac has stopped calling firetrucks "fire knuckles" (he now calls them firetrucks, and I'm so sad!), I realize I'll forget that he ever did that if I don't write it down. So, the blog begins. Welcome.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Our girl...the diva?

We have long known that Arden doesn't like sleep sacks--like this:
Product Image
We figured out that she didn't like them because whenever she wore it she would cry and cry, until we took it off. She loves to grab her feet, so we think the "limited foot access" kept her from liking these.

Then she decided that she doesn't like socks. (Or maybe she just enjoys the challenge of taking them off?) She immediately takes them off whenever we put them on. (I don't like sleeping in socks either!)

Next she decided that she doesn't like footed pajamas. I put her down the other night to sleep, and she screamed--SCREAMED--until I came in. I brought her back out and tried to calm her down, only to have her screaming louder and louder--so loud that my ears were ringing. I finally realized that I should try taking off her pajamas and putting her in something else. She sighed and slept almost immediately.

Her latest? She's decided that she doesn't like one piece outfits. Brad put her in foot-less pajamas last night (I was gone at Bible study)...and the Arden wail began. Through trail and error he figured out that she wanted to be out of a one piece, and into a shirt and pants. I think she wanted to play with the hem of her shirt.

She's so sweet most of the time. So happy with just about anything. It's so weird. If she's this picky about what she wears as a six month old...what do we have in store??


No comments:

Post a Comment