Why blog? I don't even have a facebook account...it feels like it makes life so public. But then--blogging is kind of like a diary, isn't it? It makes me feel a little like Doogie Houser at the end of the day--collecting my thoughts and putting them down. I don't want to blog because I want my life to be public (though I don't mind wearing my heart on my sleeve, most of the time) or because I'm a narcissist, but because these days of our young family are so precious I don't want to lose them to a faulty memory. This time, this stage, these moments truly are 'a time to keep', and blogging is simply the most convenient way to keep them and share them.

I really didn't think I'd ever start a blog...but now that Mac has stopped calling firetrucks "fire knuckles" (he now calls them firetrucks, and I'm so sad!), I realize I'll forget that he ever did that if I don't write it down. So, the blog begins. Welcome.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Slew of Pictures

Last weekend we spent at Bonclarken, my favorite place: the place where I met my husband, the place of 1,000 memories growing up, the place where I see friends I've known my whole life and will know until I'm old, the place where Brad proposed, the place where I feel the most renewed. We had a great time! The weather was wonderful and it was a great celebration of Brad passing his comprehensive exams! He was in a meeting Saturday morning, so Mac, Arden and I strolled around and visited several family members there last weekend as well.

Then we visited the playground.



I wanted SO MUCH to get a nice shot of them together. This is the closest I got...maybe next time.



I have so many sweet pictures of Arden lately. I thought I'd try to get some good ones of Mac. Why do I even try? He never stops moving. (Don't know what's up with his shirt collar in these, either.)

A moving target...



Oh well. So much for a photo shoot!


The best photo of him all weekend was taken when he was eating:
Just makes me laugh!

Here is where Brad proposed to me, one freezing cold November night. FREEZING. COLD. I couldn't believe he was dragging me out in such weather to take a WALK. After he got down on his knee, I don't remember being cold anymore at all : )



After we got back home, life got back to normal:
(Please notice the empty TP roll on the wall, the underpants and shorts on the floor.


We kept my nephew Samuel later that week. He and Mac had a ball playing together. He looks so much like my sister it stops me in my tracks sometimes.



All in all, a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment