Why blog? I don't even have a facebook account...it feels like it makes life so public. But then--blogging is kind of like a diary, isn't it? It makes me feel a little like Doogie Houser at the end of the day--collecting my thoughts and putting them down. I don't want to blog because I want my life to be public (though I don't mind wearing my heart on my sleeve, most of the time) or because I'm a narcissist, but because these days of our young family are so precious I don't want to lose them to a faulty memory. This time, this stage, these moments truly are 'a time to keep', and blogging is simply the most convenient way to keep them and share them.

I really didn't think I'd ever start a blog...but now that Mac has stopped calling firetrucks "fire knuckles" (he now calls them firetrucks, and I'm so sad!), I realize I'll forget that he ever did that if I don't write it down. So, the blog begins. Welcome.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

I just uploaded hundreds of photos...get ready!


Our summer...


Fun times with baby powder...


Evan! Aunt Heather made waffles. Mac thought it was heaven.
The ubiquitous sunglasses shot.
Hangin' in the front yard in her PJs.

Wow, the boy needs a haircut!!! But he didn't get one until several weeks later. Oh well : )
Arden on my baby quilt.
I told him to clean his room and this is what I found...all toys on the bed.
A visit from my oldest friend, Mary Anne, with her 2 boys...a sweet, sweet time.


Bonclarken!




Home from 2 weeks at Bonclarken, we visited the children's museum. Mac's favorite part is the grocery store.

Arden dancing:

Dance party! My favorite picture of this whole batch.

Mac's room. Arden's favorite place to hang out.



One day, we were attacked by a swarm of mosquitoes. Mac is still talking about it: "There were bugs EVERYWHERE!"


Some fun brother/sister shots!







Teeth!!

He has made this expression since he was a baby. It kind of makes my heart melt a little bit.

So that's a taste of June and July! I'll post videos of Arden's unique crawl and her dancing soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment