Why blog? I don't even have a facebook account...it feels like it makes life so public. But then--blogging is kind of like a diary, isn't it? It makes me feel a little like Doogie Houser at the end of the day--collecting my thoughts and putting them down. I don't want to blog because I want my life to be public (though I don't mind wearing my heart on my sleeve, most of the time) or because I'm a narcissist, but because these days of our young family are so precious I don't want to lose them to a faulty memory. This time, this stage, these moments truly are 'a time to keep', and blogging is simply the most convenient way to keep them and share them.

I really didn't think I'd ever start a blog...but now that Mac has stopped calling firetrucks "fire knuckles" (he now calls them firetrucks, and I'm so sad!), I realize I'll forget that he ever did that if I don't write it down. So, the blog begins. Welcome.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mac's new spot

Somehow this week Mac's high chair was moved from its normal spot at the table to the corner (about 4 feet from the table). When I went to move it back to the normal spot, he literally fell on the floor and cried. Well, since I'm a pick-your-battles sort of mom, I moved it back and left it in the corner. Now, when we sit down together to eat, Brad and I are at the table and Mac is all by himself in the corner, happy as can be. When he asks for more food, we have to stand up to get it to him. If someone were to walk in, he would think that we don't like our child or are trying to keep him away from us. No...he's the one who wants to be away from us. Whatever floats your boat, sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment