Why blog? I don't even have a facebook account...it feels like it makes life so public. But then--blogging is kind of like a diary, isn't it? It makes me feel a little like Doogie Houser at the end of the day--collecting my thoughts and putting them down. I don't want to blog because I want my life to be public (though I don't mind wearing my heart on my sleeve, most of the time) or because I'm a narcissist, but because these days of our young family are so precious I don't want to lose them to a faulty memory. This time, this stage, these moments truly are 'a time to keep', and blogging is simply the most convenient way to keep them and share them.

I really didn't think I'd ever start a blog...but now that Mac has stopped calling firetrucks "fire knuckles" (he now calls them firetrucks, and I'm so sad!), I realize I'll forget that he ever did that if I don't write it down. So, the blog begins. Welcome.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

More Macisms (He's on a roll)

(Fun picture from a month ago when it snowed)

1. We ran into Piggly Wiggly yesterday for a couple of items. The girl at check-out gave Mac a balloon (he was thrilled). He cannot, for the life of him, say the words "Piggly Wiggly". So when we ask where he got the balloon, he replies, "Piggle-wiggle-wiggle-wiggle". SOOO cute. I should record it.

2. This morning, I had Arden on the floor on her belly and was laying on the floor talking to her and playing with Mac. Mac was being his rough-and-tumble-boy self, and nearly rolled over Arden. I put my arms out to keep him from crushing Arden, and said, "Mac! You have to be careful! Arden is a little baby and you cannot roll on top of her. It would hurt her very badly."

Mac stopped and looked at me. Then he replied, "Get new one store!"

I wasn't sure I heard him right. "Get a new one a the store? Get a new what?"

Mac looked directly at me, and with a look of complete seriousness said, "Get new baby Arden at the store."

Wow. Guess it's time to teach that not everything (indeed--the most important things!) cannot be bought at the store!

3. Tonight, when Mac was praying before bed, he began his prayer "God, thank you for TV. And thank you for cookies."

Well then.

No comments:

Post a Comment