Why blog? I don't even have a facebook account...it feels like it makes life so public. But then--blogging is kind of like a diary, isn't it? It makes me feel a little like Doogie Houser at the end of the day--collecting my thoughts and putting them down. I don't want to blog because I want my life to be public (though I don't mind wearing my heart on my sleeve, most of the time) or because I'm a narcissist, but because these days of our young family are so precious I don't want to lose them to a faulty memory. This time, this stage, these moments truly are 'a time to keep', and blogging is simply the most convenient way to keep them and share them.

I really didn't think I'd ever start a blog...but now that Mac has stopped calling firetrucks "fire knuckles" (he now calls them firetrucks, and I'm so sad!), I realize I'll forget that he ever did that if I don't write it down. So, the blog begins. Welcome.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday at the Park

One day, Arden, you will appreciate the park. Today you were bored by it.
We do have a wonderful neighborhood park.
Mac's not bored by it. No, not at all.
Today was the perfect day to visit.
Mac would agree.
There's this random, huge red thing...
A sand funnel?
Mac loves it.
But what 2 year old wouldn't? Is there anything better than a random, huge sand funnel?

No comments:

Post a Comment