Why blog? I don't even have a facebook account...it feels like it makes life so public. But then--blogging is kind of like a diary, isn't it? It makes me feel a little like Doogie Houser at the end of the day--collecting my thoughts and putting them down. I don't want to blog because I want my life to be public (though I don't mind wearing my heart on my sleeve, most of the time) or because I'm a narcissist, but because these days of our young family are so precious I don't want to lose them to a faulty memory. This time, this stage, these moments truly are 'a time to keep', and blogging is simply the most convenient way to keep them and share them.

I really didn't think I'd ever start a blog...but now that Mac has stopped calling firetrucks "fire knuckles" (he now calls them firetrucks, and I'm so sad!), I realize I'll forget that he ever did that if I don't write it down. So, the blog begins. Welcome.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pajamas and Patience

I could tell from about 9 am this morning that it would be a tough day. Rain...newborn...a tired momma...an impatient 2 year old...ugh. So Mac and I held hands and prayed for patience (for me) and obedience (for him). I don't know how much of the prayer he understood. But God was faithful and our day wasn't as yucky as it could have been.

It's 5 pm and Mac is still in his pajamas. Why bother changing today?

Now he's sitting in my lap begging for "Elmo computer" (translation: I want to watch Elmo on the computer). This child's obsessed.

I still need supernatural help the rest of the day though...Brad has Bible study Tuesday nights so I'll be here with 2 little ones during the witching hours of parenthood: 6-8...yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment