Why blog? I don't even have a facebook account...it feels like it makes life so public. But then--blogging is kind of like a diary, isn't it? It makes me feel a little like Doogie Houser at the end of the day--collecting my thoughts and putting them down. I don't want to blog because I want my life to be public (though I don't mind wearing my heart on my sleeve, most of the time) or because I'm a narcissist, but because these days of our young family are so precious I don't want to lose them to a faulty memory. This time, this stage, these moments truly are 'a time to keep', and blogging is simply the most convenient way to keep them and share them.

I really didn't think I'd ever start a blog...but now that Mac has stopped calling firetrucks "fire knuckles" (he now calls them firetrucks, and I'm so sad!), I realize I'll forget that he ever did that if I don't write it down. So, the blog begins. Welcome.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Now I Know

Now I know that if Mac wakes up in the middle of the night and wants us to sing to him, he has an ear infection. He currently has his third ear infection in as many months, but now that I think about it and recognize his symptoms, I think he had one this summer too when Brad was in Wales. It's nice to recognize his symptoms (or lack thereof) so we can get to the doctor promptly. I hate that he keeps getting them, though! So--yesterday when I blogged that he was impossible to please and cranky, I think it had something to do with the beginning of this ear infection. Poor kid. I hope this is his last one, but I have a feeling we've entered a new era of ear infections, and it won't be ending soon. Hope I'm wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment