Why blog? I don't even have a facebook account...it feels like it makes life so public. But then--blogging is kind of like a diary, isn't it? It makes me feel a little like Doogie Houser at the end of the day--collecting my thoughts and putting them down. I don't want to blog because I want my life to be public (though I don't mind wearing my heart on my sleeve, most of the time) or because I'm a narcissist, but because these days of our young family are so precious I don't want to lose them to a faulty memory. This time, this stage, these moments truly are 'a time to keep', and blogging is simply the most convenient way to keep them and share them.

I really didn't think I'd ever start a blog...but now that Mac has stopped calling firetrucks "fire knuckles" (he now calls them firetrucks, and I'm so sad!), I realize I'll forget that he ever did that if I don't write it down. So, the blog begins. Welcome.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Arden Lately

Well, I post a lot about Mac because he's such a ham and so entertaining lately. But here's the buzz on Arden...

She's been sleeping through the night (midnight to 8 or later) for about 2 weeks. Merry Christmas baby!

She's a big flirt and so social! Sometimes she'd rather smile and tilt her head--baby flirting!--than eat. (Mac was NEVER like this if food was involved.)

My sweet Arden is pretty chill. She can put herself to sleep on her own in the crib if she's not overtired. She can calm herself down sucking on her fists if I'm a little late feeding her (note--I said she CAN. That doesn't mean she always DOES. We do live in reality over here.)

She HATES it when I put a hat on her when she's already in the carseat. It's not the hat she minds--there's no problem when I put a hat on her at other times--it's just the tilting her head forward. Hates that.

This little sunshine is as tall as her brother was at 8 weeks (24 inches) but weighs 2 pounds less. (She weighs 12lbs 10 oz; Mac weighed 15lbs.) Tall and skinny.

I have learned never to change her diaper before she eats...because she starts nursing...and relaxes...and THEN it's time for a diaper change. Maybe a couple of diaper changes, in fact. (Arden, if you go back and read this when you're 15, please remember that all babies--er--go. Just the way it is. Nothing to be embarrassed about.)

So that's our Arden. Sweet little smiler.

No comments:

Post a Comment